Monday 19 March 2018

Every Inchie Monday -- Russia

It's Russia this week and I have taken one of my usual routes for this one, going for the National Animal and Flower. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to try to get some of those beautiful buildings into an inch.
The National animal is the brown bear and the flower the white daisy the camomile Matricaria Recutita.
My son lives in St Petersburg and we have yet to visit him there. It's on the places to visit, but it's very expensive. He teaches English and just loves it there.



5 comments:

Heather said...

Two more lovely inchies. Very wise choice and beautifully done - you'd have a job fitting the Kremlin into and inchie!

Margriet said...

Wonderful inchies. Love the daisy!

inkyfingy said...

I hope you do get to visit your son. Travel almost anywhere is out of my grasp now, sadly, as it was the one thing I had my heart set on when I was young. Your inchies are both wonderful. I almost chose the chamomile for my inchie also...it seems incongruous to me that such a complex and diverse country chose such a simple flower to represent it, quite nice really, and for me it adds an unexpected layer on my perception of the Russian psyche. Dx

freebird7100 said...

I love your inchies! Awesome that your son lives there!

Jolande said...

Lovely inchies. I hope you will visit your son one day.

Blog Archive