Monday 8 May 2017

Every Inchie Monday -- Flamingo

I enjoyed doing this one, even though it is quite difficult to put such a thin tall bird into an inch.
I saw flocks of these birds in Chile, where they were at the sides of the fiords. Your eye was suddenly drawn to a strange patch of pink, a colour that looked completely alien in that environment, surrounded by mountains and glaciers. They look very graceful, but their heads are not pretty. The sewn one looks as if it has little pink slippers and pink edged socks !! In fact if I had more time I would redo it.





8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your inchie, they are such pretty birds. Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

Love them, so cute! Very brilliant to get them onto an inch!!

Heather said...

Two excellent flamingos. The stitched one must have been a nightmare to get right in such a small space.

sally said...

Two great efforts- I did smile at the socks/slippers though! The only time I've been near real flamingos was at an animal park in the Lake District - it was so pink I thought it was a plastic one....& then it moved lol.

Sally

inkyfingy said...

Both your inchie flamingos are so detailed...I really like the background detail and texture you achieved on both and the colouring is very good. Such tiny legs are tricky, as I found with my heron! I smiled at the socks and slippers comment too, Dixx

freebird7100 said...

A beautiful visual. I also would not change a thing on the sewn one, she is adorable in her booties and socks! ;)

Trillian As said...

Love both inchies, just like they are.

JennyJ said...

Happy birthday Wendy, I love your flamingos complete with slippers!! That comment made me laugh but they are both great , love the background of the painted one plus the subject and the texture and sewing are fab on the other. I so envy you having seen them in the flesh so to speak - must be amazing as I agree with you the pink is so unnatural in the wild and on the scale of the flocks you see on television it must be an awesome sight - lucky you. Have a lovely day x Jenny x

Blog Archive