Wednesday 25 February 2015

Try it on Tuesday -- Tic, Tac Toe

This time on TIOT we were given a grid with words on, and we had to choose a line and use the materials on that line. I chose Cardboard, string and buttons.
I started out with some corrugated card and distressed it. I painted it with Fresco paints and added some plasterers joint tape for some texture. I embossed some of the edges with copper embossing powder. I then added some string, and buttons as well as all the other ephemera. This will be another page for my vintage sewing book.


7 comments:

Heather said...

A super page. I bet it was a relief to be able to work on something bigger than an inchie!

Margik said...

I love the elements you've chosen for this beautiful page. Fantastic, Wendy!!!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar x

chrissie said...

This is wonderful Wendy and shows so many of the things you must use with your sewing projects

Thank you for joining us at Try
It on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xxx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous sewing piece, love all the details and those small scissors. Thank you for joining us at TioT's.
Yvonne xx

Rika said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the sewing elements.

zandra said...

Love all the embellies and a great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I'm not sure I have half of the things that are on the page! Quite clever and beautiful as always.
KH

Blog Archive