Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Journal page -- Mended

The theme this month is mended. My first thought of course was sewing, so the first thing I did was to cut my mountboard into two pieces, cover them with paper and then mend them. I made holes, and then cross stitched them together. I added some stamped images, a shrink plastic sewing machine and scissors, and some thread wrapped around some prints of old sewing card.
I made a small needle case, a selection of thread, and a little bottle of buttons and beads. Wiring the bottle on nearly drove me to doing something I might later have regretted. It is now on it's way to America, so I hope it gets there in one piece, and that Lee likes it.

Fabric wedding book

My daughter Karen is getting married in June, and I went with her for one of her outfit fittings. I was a bit cheeky while we were there and asked the lady if she would save me some small bits of lace that she would otherwise have thrown away. I am going again this Saturday, and hope she will have remembered.
I thought it might be a nice gesture to make her a fabric wedding book, so that she can see what I wanted the lace for. I have just finished it, in the nick of time.

Friday, 4 February 2011

Indian fabric house book

The Indian book is a mixture of Indian fabrics, printed tissue and printed fabric done on Angie's course, plus some image transfers, sari ribbon and bits and pieces. I have made it concertina style by putting four eyelets in each house. If I had room it could also stand up, as I put a layer of pelmet vilene in each house.

Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Angie Hughes course--Fabric tags and block printing

On Angie's course we learnt how to use the printer to transfer backgrounds onto fabric, and words onto tape, which we could then use on our tags.
The first day we tackled fabric tags, and I started two. One was a conventional shape and the other a house shape. The finished ones above are the conventional ones. The house shaped Indian ones will be on a later post. I decided to do vintage (no surprise there) as I had plenty of images I had printed onto fabric, and enough lace to make it worthwhile. The ones that are landscape measure 7" x 4", and the smaller portrait ones 6" x 3" I am waiting for some large eyelets to come before I can put the larger one together.
I will blog the printed fabric in with the Indian tags.

Blog Archive